Council Grove Public Library
Policies for Internet Access
Computer users must possess a Council Grove Public Library Patron card. Area visitors may request a Guest Pass at the Circulation Desk.
1. Users are to sign in before using patron computers or Wi-Fi access.
2. Patrons must agree with CGPL’s Internet Policy before signing in to use computers or Wi-Fi.
3. Patrons will be allowed to use the internet no more than thirty minues at a time if other patrons are waiting.
4. Children under the age of seven (7) must be accompanied by an adult to use the computer.
5. There will be no more than two (2) patrons allowed per computer.
6. Patrons may use a personal web-based email account, games may be played, but chat rooms are prohibited.
7. The fees for printing copies are as follows: black/white 15¢ per page; color 50¢ per page.
8. Patrons may download files to CD or flash drive.
9. Any use of the network to facilitate illegal activity is prohibited.
10. Any use of the network for commercial or for-profit purposes is prohibited.
11. Any use of the network for product advertisement or political lobbying is prohibited.
12. Users shall not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to other users, or misrepresent other users on the network.
13. No user of the network shall disrupt the use of the network by others; hardware or software shall not be destroyed, modified, or abused in any way.
14. Malicious use of the network to develop programs that harass other users or infiltrate a computer system and/or damage the software components of a computer or system is prohibited.
15. The installation of software for use on library computers is prohibited.
16. Use of the network to access obscene or pornographic material is prohibited. (KSA 21 4301) (KSA 21 4301c)
17. A reasonable amount of instruction will be given to the patron by the library staff.
CGPL reserves the right to remove a user in order to prevent further unauthorized activity. At the librarian’s discretion, failure to comply with the above stated policies may result in loss of computer privileges
Patrons are expected to read and understand the Library’s Policies for Internet Access.